Sunday at Home | September 13
24th Sunday in Ordinary Time
To Get There Together
Some days, the road ahead of us seems impassable. It’s easy to feel overwhelmed as the pandemic, systemic racism, and natural disasters hinder our journey forward.
But, in these clearly unprecedented times, we must remember that Jesus never gave up when meeting adversity.
As a parish community, whether we walk together virtually or in person, God’s love will sustain us and guide us.
We have the power to collectively be the light our world needs.
And we’ll get there. Together.
Join us September 6 – October 11 for our new series, “To Get There Together,” as we take a closer look at how we can trust in God and help our neighbor in these challenging days.
We’d love to reconnect in person or, if you’re unable to gather with us in church, join us online for 8:30 a.m. Sunday Mass live on our YouTube channel.
Alleluia! Love Is Alive (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mBLw5wt69U)
Available from the USCCB here.
First Reading Sirach 27:30 – 28:7
Responsorial Psalm Psalm 103:1-2, 3-4, 9-10, 11-12
The Lord is kind and merciful, slow to anger, and rich in compassion.
Second Reading Romans 14:7-9
Gospel Matthew 18:21-35
Prayers of the Faithful
- For the leaders of our church and of our nation, we pray to the Lord. Lord, hear our prayer.
- For an end to violent responses between people and nations and a return to working on effective solutions for our differences, we pray to the Lord. Lord, hear our prayer.
- For Layla Steffens and her family as they celebrate baptism this weekend, we pray to the Lord. Lord, hear our prayer.
- For care for the elderly, the poor, the sick, the lonely and the unemployed, we pray to the Lord. Lord, hear our prayer.
- For Daniel Boeckenstedt, Beverly Welu, and all who have died, trusting in God’s forgiveness, may they now see God face to face, we pray to the Lord. Lord, hear our prayer.
Spiritual Communion Prayer
My Jesus, I believe that You are present in the Most Holy Sacrament. I love You above all things, and I desire to receive You into my soul. Since I cannot at this moment receive You sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart. I embrace You as if You were already there and unite myself wholly to You. Never permit me to be separated from You. Amen.
Going Forth Songs
A Prayer for During the Pandemic
Holy Virgin of Guadalupe,
Queen of the Angels and Mother of the Americas.
We turn to you today as your beloved children.
We ask you to intercede for us with your Son,
as you did at the wedding in Cana.
Pray for us, loving Mother,
and gain for our nation and world,
and for all our families and loved ones,
the protection of your holy angels,
that we may be spared the worst of this illness.
For those already afflicted,
we ask you to obtain the grace of healing and deliverance.
Hear the cries of those who are vulnerable and fearful,
wipe away their tears and help them to trust.
In this time of trial and testing,
teach all of us in the Church to love one another and to be patient and kind.
Help us to bring the peace of Jesus to our land and to our hearts.
We come to you with confidence,
knowing that you truly are our compassionate mother,
health of the sick and cause of our joy.
Shelter us under the mantle of your protection,
keep us in the embrace of your arms,
help us always to know the love of your Son, Jesus. Amen.