Sunday at Home | May 2
Fifth Sunday of Easter
Spring is a time of new beginnings. Plants start growing, songbirds start singing, and the air seems abuzz with new life.
Easter marks a new beginning as well. When He rose from the dead, Jesus gave us the promise of new life with God.
We are approaching another new beginning now. As more people get vaccinated, a new post-pandemic life is getting closer.
What will we do with this new life? How will we be different than we were before?
Join us this Easter as we celebrate new beginnings and learn to embrace opportunities to live our lives renewed in Jesus!
Traditional: Gather Your People (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0KWKmRfY2k)
Contemporary: Amazing Grace – My Chains are Gone (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbe7OruLk8I)
Available from the USCCB here.
First Reading Acts of the Apostles 9:26-31
Responsorial Psalm Psalm 22:26-27, 28, 30, 31-32
I will praise you, Lord, in the assembly of your people.
Second Reading 1 John 3:18-24
Gospel John 15:1-8
Prayers of the Faithful
- For Pope Francis, and all called to serve in leadership and ministry in our church. We pray: Risen Lord, hear our prayer.
- For national and civic leaders, that they make their decisions following our Savior’s Commandments. We pray: Risen Lord, hear our prayer.
- For those who are physically, emotionally, or spiritually in need, May their faith be strengthened and physical needs be met by the love and support of this community of believers. We pray: Risen Lord, hear our prayer.
- For all of us gathered here or at home, that we live out our baptismal call by welcoming all to join us in following our loving Savior. We pray: Risen Lord, hear our prayer.
- For Murphy Burke and his family who celebrate his baptism this weekend, that our prayers and faith are a sign of our love and support for them. We pray: Risen Lord, hear our prayer.
- For Charles Allen, Beverly Welu and all who have died, may they come to know the joys of eternal life in God’s holy kingdom. We pray: Risen Lord, hear our prayer.
Spiritual Communion Prayer
My Jesus, I believe that You are present in the Most Holy Sacrament. I love You above all things, and I desire to receive You into my soul. Since I cannot at this moment receive You sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart. I embrace You as if You were already there and unite myself wholly to You. Never permit me to be separated from You. Amen.
Traditional: We Have Been Told (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCQIw6PaZdY)
Contemporary: Bread of Heaven (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNjbPPrf6DQ)
Going Forth Song
Traditional: Lead Me, Lord (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Qm5JG8zVhk)
Contemporary: Go Make a Difference (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNDDDFVnEy4)