Easter Sunday at Home
Easter Sunday of the Resurrection of the Lord
Spring is a time of new beginnings. Plants start growing, songbirds start singing, and the air seems abuzz with new life.
Easter marks a new beginning as well. When He rose from the dead, Jesus gave us the promise of new life with God.
We are approaching another new beginning now. As more people get vaccinated, a new post-pandemic life is getting closer.
What will we do with this new life? How will we be different than we were before?
Join us this Easter as we celebrate new beginnings and learn to embrace opportunities to live our lives renewed in Jesus!
Traditional: Alleluia! Love Is Alive (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ9oAgFn7l8)
Contemporary: Today Is The Day (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJJQjFnX0nk)
Available from the USCCB here.
First Reading Acts of the Apostles 10:34a, 37-43
Responsorial Psalm Psalm 118:1-2, 16-17, 22-23
This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad.
Contemporary: Psalm 118 – This Is the Day (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiqWD6F4rJg)
Second Reading Colossians 3:1-4
Gospel John 20:1-9
Prayers of the Faithful
- For church leaders, may they spread the hope and Joy of the Easter Season to all God’s people throughout the world. We pray, Risen Lord, hear our prayer.
- For lawmakers, government officials and all those in authority, that they govern wisely and fairly. We pray, Risen Lord, hear our prayer.
- For our faith community, both those present here and at home, that during this Easter Season we share the joy of Christ’s resurrection with everyone. We pray, Risen Lord, hear our prayer.
- For all who suffer from the pandemic, storms and cold weather as they struggle with illness, unemployment, or lack of food and shelter; and for those who work selflessly to help meet their needs. We pray, Risen Lord, hear our prayer.
- For those who face mental and physical challenges, and their caregivers, that they are comforted by the healing presence of Jesus. We pray, Risen Lord, hear our prayer.
- For Richard & Gerry Beaves, Virginia Rohner, and all who have died, that they be welcomed into the eternal life with God that was promised by the Resurrection of Jesus. We pray, Risen Lord, hear our prayer.
Traditional: Christ, Be Our Light (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eeBHrn2Dt0)
Contemporary: Christ Is Risen (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mXeA0G_xKc)
Spiritual Communion Prayer
My Jesus, I believe that You are present in the Most Holy Sacrament. I love You above all things, and I desire to receive You into my soul. Since I cannot at this moment receive You sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart. I embrace You as if You were already there and unite myself wholly to You. Never permit me to be separated from You. Amen.
Traditional: New Creation (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VijEo-mSnew)
Contemporary: Because He Lives (Amen) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBvU7arNhQs)
Going Forth Song
Traditional: Jesus Christ Is Risen Today (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9a41CvVEHw)
Contemporary: Open Up The Heavens (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF9pVCDHN_4)