Easter Vigil at Home
The Easter Vigil in the Holy Night
Available from the USCCB here.
The Easter Vigil has eight readings, but parishes can choose to use a smaller selection of them. Below are the readings we will use at our Easter Vigil Mass.
First Reading Genesis 1:1 – 2:2
Responsorial Psalm Psalm 104:1-2, 5-6, 10, 12, 13-14, 24, 35
Lord, send out your Spirit, and renew the face of the earth.
Second Reading Exodus 14:15 – 15:1
Responsorial Psalm Exodus 15:1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 17-18
Let us sing to the Lord; he has covered himself in glory.
Third Reading Isaiah 55:1-11
Responsorial Psalm Isaiah 12:2-3, 4, 5-6
You will draw water joyfully from the springs of salvation.
Epistle Romans 6:3-11
Gospel Mark 16:1-7
Prayers of the Faithful
Jesus bestows new life on all who call upon him. We lift our needs and those of our world to God’s merciful kindness.
- For church leaders, may they spread the hope and Joy of the Easter Season to all God’s people throughout the world. We pray, Risen Lord, hear our prayer.
- For lawmakers, government officials and all those in authority, that they govern wisely and fairly. We pray, Risen Lord, hear our prayer.
- For our faith community, both those present here and at home, that during this Easter Season we share the joy of Christ’s resurrection with everyone. We pray, Risen Lord, hear our prayer.
- For all who suffer from the pandemic, storms and cold weather as they struggle with illness, unemployment, or lack of food and shelter; and for those who work selflessly to help meet their needs. We pray, Risen Lord, hear our prayer.
- For those who face mental and physical challenges, and their caregivers, that they are comforted by the healing presence of Jesus. We pray, Risen Lord, hear our prayer.
- For James Wahlert and all who have died, that they be welcomed into the eternal life with God that was promised by the Resurrection of Jesus. We pray, Risen Lord, hear our prayer.
Lord Jesus, your great love has overcome death and the grave. Hear our prayers and answer them according to your holy will. We ask this through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Christ Be Our Light (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMkfKXLcm5Q)
Spiritual Communion Prayer
My Jesus, I believe that You are present in the Most Holy Sacrament. I love You above all things, and I desire to receive You into my soul. Since I cannot at this moment receive You sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart. I embrace You as if You were already there and unite myself wholly to You. Never permit me to be separated from You. Amen.
Taste and See (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcn1-9Fg0WA)
Going Forth Song
Jesus Christ is Risen Today (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX6SMezVUbA)