Sunday at Home | April 11
Second Sunday of Easter
Spring is a time of new beginnings. Plants start growing, songbirds start singing, and the air seems abuzz with new life.
Easter marks a new beginning as well. When He rose from the dead, Jesus gave us the promise of new life with God.
We are approaching another new beginning now. As more people get vaccinated, a new post-pandemic life is getting closer.
What will we do with this new life? How will we be different than we were before?
Join us this Easter as we celebrate new beginnings and learn to embrace opportunities to live our lives renewed in Jesus!
Alleluia! Love Is Alive (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ9oAgFn7l8)
Available from the USCCB here.
First Reading Acts of the Apostles 4:32-35
Responsorial Psalm Psalm 118:2-4, 13-15, 22-24
Give thanks to the Lord for he is good, his love is everlasting.
Second Reading 1 John 5:1-6
Gospel John 20:19-31
Prayers of the Faithful
- For Pope Francis and other church leaders to show love and mercy to all people as Jesus did. We pray: Risen Lord, hear our prayer.
- For all government leaders and politicians to rule for the good of all persons and enact just laws for all. We pray: Risen Lord, hear our prayer.
- For continuing progress in fighting COVID-19 by following the health guidelines to slow the spread and stop any more deaths. We pray: Risen Lord, hear our prayer.
- For our high school youth and their teachers preparing for Confirmation. We pray: Risen Lord, hear our prayer.
- For our brothers and sisters suffering from physical or mental illness, loneliness, hunger or violence. We pray: Risen Lord, hear our prayer.
- For Jade Hamilton and her family as they celebrate Baptism this weekend. We pray: Risen Lord, hear our prayer.
- For Steve and Mary Ellen O’Brien, Dianne Witherall, Anne Sweeney, and all who have died, that they experience the glory and joy of eternal life. We pray: Risen Lord, hear our prayer.
Make Your Home in Me (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQn0S7ldgwI)
Spiritual Communion Prayer
My Jesus, I believe that You are present in the Most Holy Sacrament. I love You above all things, and I desire to receive You into my soul. Since I cannot at this moment receive You sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart. I embrace You as if You were already there and unite myself wholly to You. Never permit me to be separated from You. Amen.
Here at This Table (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yzk1HoEdGpE)
Going Forth Song
Rise Up with Him (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HtkgnWSRyw)