Responding to advancing technology and new methods of communication is vital to staying connected today.
- Engages social media as well as conventional media to promote our parish.
- Uses technology in our Masses to reach people in a new way.
- Explores what it is that active and non-active Catholics are looking for in their Sunday experience.
If you like technology and reaching others through this avenue, then this committee may be for you!
Chairperson: Jerry Enzler
With so many Catholics seeking their Sunday experience at non-denominational Christian churches, we have changed things up a bit and are trying to reach and interest those who are not already in the pews and welcome them back.
The Contemporary 11:00 Mass aims to reach all people through engaging and relatable music, Word and message. It is very much a Catholic Mass with a bolder and more energetic feel to it.
If you are excited by our contemporary service and want to be more involved, please join us!
Chairperson: Corinne McCullough
This committee nourishes and gives direction to the liturgical life of the parish and promotes opportunities for the spiritual growth and development of its members. Some areas of focus for this committee are:
- Coordinates and plans of all weekend liturgies and other sacramental celebrations.
- Promotes development and training of all liturgical ministries.
- Promotes education of the total parish in area liturgy.
- Provides suggestions and materials for celebrating the liturgical seasons in the home.
- Utilizes Theme Teams to reflect on scripture and share with our homilists what the message means to them.
If you love coming to Mass, this committee may be a perfect fit for you!
Chairperson: Karen Zeckser
Faith Formation Commission
Unlike other Council committees, this committee operates according to its own Constitution as approved by the Parish Council and the Archdiocesan Board of Education. The primary goal is the catechetical needs of the total parish community. This “cradle to grave” approach assures that all the parish is served educationally according to their needs during the entire course of their lives.
- Oversees the Religious Education Program, Youth Ministry and Adult Faith Formation.
- Guides the direction of Christian Experience Weekends.
- Oversees the Baptism Preparation process.
- Guides the direction of the Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults (RCIA).
If you like to teach or have an interest in promoting the education of our Catholic Faith, this group would welcome you!
Chairperson: Peggy Weber
The committee consciously strives to find ways to share the Good News and live as disciples as we encourage responsible participation in the life, mission and work of our parish.
- Developes ways to involve many parishioners in parish ministries and activities.
- Strengthens hospitality efforts among parishioners.
- Helps to welcome new parishioners to the parish.
- Plans and orchestrates many of the events to promote community and create a welcoming presence to all parishioners.
- Promotes and plans prayer and study group activities to help parishioners grow in faith together.
- Promotes caring for our Earth through the Petal Project and being conscious of the footprint we leave on the environment.
If you are a people person who has fun, creative ideas and likes to plan events, then this group is the group for you!
Chairperson: Laura Knabel
This group promotes and enables members of the parish to respond to the social problems of today – giving special care to the poor, the lonely, aged, the oppressed and minority groups. The committee is able to reach out to many through the generosity of the parish community.
- Discerns how best to use our gifts of time, talent and treasure to benefit those in need locally and around the world.
- Coordinates activities including the Giving Tree, St. Patrick and Dubuque Rescue Mission Meals, the food pantry and global outreach.
- Organizes the Third Sunday Social Justice Collection to support charitable groups.
If you are called to help those in need, this is a perfect fit for you!
Chairperson: David Tschiggfrie
Buildings and Grounds
This committee promotes the effective utilization and maintenance of the parish facilities, recording areas in need of repair or replacement and submitting these needs to the Parish Council.
Chairperson: Tim Tranel
The stewardship committee works with other committees within the parish and the parish at-large to educate them on a stewardship way of life, on prayer, on discernment of gifts and on evangelization. Its goals are to recognize the need to give thanks to God for his many gifts and to continue to support the mission of the Church.
The committee educates itself, the various parish committees, and the parish as a whole in the following ways:
- providing information on the stewardship way of life
- promoting prayer at meetings and parish gatherings, supporting a strong liturgical life for the parish, encouraging the formation of faith-sharing groups
- encouraging a wide range of prayer experiences, etc.
- providing education on the discernment of gifts – to help members of the parish to both understand their gifts and how they can use them to serve the parish and the larger community
- continuing to promote evangelization, seeing it as an extension of hospitality.